10 Things 2010 Joyka would like to remind 2011 Joyka
1. Be more discerning. Yes, there’s no monopoly of good intentions but people can hurt you even if they don’t mean to. So don’t be too quick to trust and believe. Sometimes, it pays to be skeptic.
2. Be ready to be disappointed and be okay with it. Some people may not be able to keep their promise. Sometimes, it’s not because they intended to, but circumstances just wouldn’t allow them.
3. Keep your heart without anger or hatred. You were raised this way and will remain this way. Keep only the good vibes and always make room for positivity.
4. Manage your finances. Learn from your experience from 2010. Work on an emergency fund that is at least 3 months worth of your expenses and never, for the love of God, touch it unless it really is an emergency. After that, build a habit of saving.
5. Build a stronger relationship with God. Be more prayerful. You’re full of good intentions, this time, act on them. You’ve been blessed too much, learn to give back.
6. Spend more time with your family. Don’t be so tamad on weekends. Be with them. They were your pillar of strenth during your trying times, they deserve more from you.
7. Read more and always be hungry to learn before you start losing your edge.
8. Remember that you’re smart, interesting and worthy of love and attention. Whoever made you feel otherwise just weren’t paying attention.
9. Value your work. But always remember that no matter how important that is, family and loved-ones should still always come first.
10. Stay the animated and madrama person that you are. Some people may love you for it, while some won’t. It’s a fact of life. At the end of the day, that’s who you are so there’s no reason for you to change it.