- 2 unscheduled trips to the ER
- 3 antibiotic tabs that are really expensive (280 each? WTF?!?!?)
- 5 days worth of generic amoxicillins
- 5 days of bioflu (bioflu, boo!)
- 7 days of solmux
- 2 weeks of dry, unproductive cough
- several 38+ fever and 2 really scary 39+ fever episodes
- 2 days with a cookie monster voice
- 2 1/2 worth of workdays missed
- 2 blood extractions to rule-out dengue
- 2 IV pushed paracetamol and pain reliever
- 2 really good meals flushed down the drain (don’t want to go to details there)
- 2 “would have been” spectacular days gone wrong
- red, itchy rashes all over my body
If not for:
- My roommate who made sure I was comfortable before leaving me
- My sister in law who sleepily answered the phone when I phoned home really early in the morning
- My mom who packed my stuff right away
- My kuya who drove from Laguna to Makati at a speed of light
- the rest of my family who was outside waiting when I got home
- My “beck and call boy” as he prefers to be called
- the diligent thermometer and the one who patiently took my temp for me
- Nescafe vendo machine hot choco mocha and the one who got a cup for me
- the rainbow t-shirt that kept me warm while in the cold, sad ER and the one who so willingly stripped for me!
- COCOLIFE! – the one who willingly footed the bill for me!
I wouldn’t have fought this as fast as I had!
Now I’m stronger, more audacious and undaunting as ever!
I’m a lion, hear me roar!