PREFACE: It starts with B.T. telling J.R. about how H.I.M.Y.M. comes in closest to FRIENDS in the comedy genre which greatly piqued her fancy. Then J.R. being unable to play the H.I.M.Y.M. in her laptop because just like her, it’s so picky. Plus the fact that BT is there and BT is her boss and she couldn’t watch a dvd with BT around coz she wants to keep her job. Then JR being unable to watch the dvd in her place also because its a bad disk (piracy – BOO).
This saturday i’m actually pulling off the ultimate slothfest of all time — okay brace yourselves — wait for it — ready?— TADAAAAA
lock myself in the room with sam (c’mon guys it’s my cat!), plug-in my laptop, secure my internet connection, load "how i met your mother" season 1 dvd, have season 2 waiting on the wings once im done with the first, turn the aircon on in full blast, wrap myself with my comfy sheets.
yeap, that day I was sold to the idea of just watching season after season after season of my current guilty pleasure (what, you thought it would be something that would involve more muscle group activities? well sorry you got the wrong blog)
Well sure i got distractions here and there:
- first there’s paolo pinging and calling me (seriously dude, you’re my bestfriend and i love you but you’re cuhhhhrazy!)
- then there’s carlo faustino asking about some caterer’s number (are you serious? i don’t even know my own sun cel number!)
- then my cat had to be fed
- well i dozed off for a bit (what’s a slothfest without the actual sleeping right?)
- then my cat had to pee
- andy checking on me every so often (i know you believe that I’m too fun to just sloth around but you still support me in this – you’re such a keeper!)
- my need for food (joy’s tummy: lady if you don’t stuff me within the next 5 minutes this rumbling sound would get even louder you won’t even hear your own conscience)
And so the fun that started Saturday 1230 pm ended Sunday 947am because stupid me forgot about season 3 dvd in my place in Makati.
So now i actually have to get out of the room, take a bath, eat atleast 3 square meals cooked by my mom, go out to the mall, chit-chat with my family, see how a green grass really look like, experience fresh air, hear the birds chirp, listen to my niece’s growing-up stories, read the newspaper and know what’s going on with the world. What a way to live.
***Thank you Bernie Tuazon. These wouldn’t have been possible without your DVD’s. And for that I will forever be grateful (seriously man, how do you get to read my blog when you don’t even have a friendster account???)